Marley Park Gallery: Summer Art Series

13243 N. Founders Park Blvd., Surprise, AZ 85379

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beautiful Chaos Exhibition

 
  Dante' Maritano Navarro, born in 1981 in Phoenix, Arizona.   I was named after my father’s cell mate, which has always struck me as funny for some reason.   I had a pretty rough up bringing, with a father that was never around and a mother that was a user, which forced me to move around a lot, see a lot, and experience more than I probably should have at a young age.  I am the first of five kids, three brothers and one sister, poor girl.  My two younger brothers’ were taken to foster homes and I haven’t seen them since.  My other brother is doing a five year prison sentence while my sister just got finished with her own five year sentence, but is using so her whereabouts are unknown. 
    My reasons for explaining this is not for pity, but to express how blessed I feel to be where I am, to have the talent for painting that I do, and how lucky I am to be surrounded by the people I have in my life.  All this, and to have made it out drug free and to have a positive outlook is a blessing in and of itself. 
    I am a twenty-nine year old artist and have only been painting for roughly about five years.  My medium consists of acrylics, pencil, spray paint, oil pastels, stamps, razor blades, anything I can get my hands on.  This mash up of supplies keeps my paintings interesting and varied in composition.  All of the emotion that goes into a painting produces a result of beautiful chaos and an incredible amount of detail.   I love art.  It is what I will be doing until my heart stops beating or my liver fails.  Which ever comes first. 
    I feel that it is time for other people to experience what I have to offer to the art world and because it is doing no good to have my paintings stacked under my bed.  This exhibition contains a wide variety of past and present work that represents my talent. 

Danté Maritano Navarro                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment